This wonderful exercise is offered to us by our colleague TZiPi Radonsky.
TZiPi is a traveling rabbi-teacher and woman of the world, coach, writer, artist, and our associate at the Center for Creative Leadership.
- To offer an opportunity to experience intuition
- To create an environment to work independently and interdependently
- To blend visioning and intuition
- To tell your story before others tell it for you
- To gather support through accountability partners
- Place Visual Explorer cards, face down on a table before people have gathered.
- Talk about vision and visioning as something that arises within each self and is unique to each person. Ask each person to begin thinking of a dream, mental picture, image, visualization they want for him or her Self or their community or department.
- Holding that vision, lead them through a bodymind exercise with deep breathing, releasing fears and visioning the future.
- After the five minute mindfulness visioning give them the questions.
- Direct them to bring to their mind’s eye to each question, one at a time. Then proceed to the table where the cards are and choose a card related to each question. Ask them not turn the cards over until all 6 questions have been answered by the cards and they are sitting by them self.
- This process is all done in silence.
- When they have found a place to ponder, look at the chosen cards and the questions and write about the connection and what they learned.
- After about 30 minutes or less gather them into dyads to tell their story
- Debrief the exercise at will: any surprises, anything they will follow up, any help they need from their partner?
- Who am I in relationship to my vision?
- What do I need to experience to make the vision happen?
- What internal obstacles might prevent me from accomplishing my vision?
- What will push or pull me across the threshold of fear or awe?
- What will I feel when I am living my vision?
- Who will I be when I am living my vision?