Below is a tutorial on vertical leadership development, the basis of Transformations. This is a keynote delivered to the 2017 Leadership Forum in Shanghai, Center for Creative Leadership Greater China CCL 创新领导力中心（大中华区）Both the video and the slides are provided.
Thanks to Ed Kelly for use of his Warren Buffett research table: From Transformations in Leadership © Dr. Edward J. Kelly 2014.
- Cook-Greuter, Susanne (2013). Nine Levels Of Increasing Embrace In Ego Development: A Full-Spectrum Theory Of Vertical Growth And Meaning Making.
- Kegan, Robert. (1994). In over our heads: The demands of modern life. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Kelly, E. J. (2014). Transformations in Leadership.
- McCauley, C. D., Drath, W. H., Palus, C. J., O’Connor, P. M., & Baker, B. A. (2006). The use of constructive-developmental theory to advance the understanding of leadership. The Leadership Quarterly, 17(6), 634-653.
- McGuire, J., Palus, C. J., & Torbert, W. R. (2007). Toward interdependent organizing and researching. Handbook of collaborative management research, 123-142.
- Palus, C. J., & Drath, W. H. (1995). Evolving Leaders. A Model for Promoting Leadership Development in Programs. Center for Creative Leadership.
- Palus, C. J., Harrison, S., & Prasad, J. (2015). Developing relational leadership in Africa. In K. G. Schuyler (Ed.), Creative Social Change:Leadership for a Healthy World. International Leadership Association.
- Petrie, Nick. (2014). Future Trends in Leadership Development. CCL White Paper. Greensboro, NC: Center for Creative Leadership.
- Petrie, Nick. (2014). Vertical leadership development, Part 1: Developing leaders for a complex world. CCL White Paper, Greensboro, NC: Center for Creative Leadership.
- Rooke, D., & Torbert, W. R. (2005, April). Seven transformations of leadership. Harvard Business Review, 66–77.
- Transformations™: User’s Guide
- Torbert, B., & Associates. (2004). Action inquiry: The secret of timely and transforming leadership. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler.